What Is A Professional Success Coach?
Coaching is a synergistic relationship between a coach and a client designed to tap into the client’s full potential. Just as Olympic athletes wouldn’t think of training without the added insight, objective perspective and enthusiastic support of a coach, many of today’s most successful business leaders, professionals, executives, entrepreneurs and CEOs use the services of a coach to take their lives, careers, or businesses to the next level. A Professional Success Coach can help you to reach your biggest goals and dreams.
Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist and part rent-a-friend, coaches work with managers, entrepreneurs, and just plain folks, helping them define and achieve their goals — career, personal, or most often, both.
Coaches have the ability to view things from afar — in what some call ‘helicopter vision’ — and to shed new light on difficult situations. Often they can act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help sharpen skills, and motivate.
– CFO Magazine
Why Have A Coach?
1) Accountability. Most professional success coaches have several regular calls a month with their clients, although this can vary depending on circumstances. This regularly scheduled call or prompts clients to get more done than they would if left to their own devices. Think about it, if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym, you work much harder than on your own. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with a professional coach.
2) Expertise. The Professional Success Coach knows how to help you move from taking action to transition and then to transformation into a different person, a better version of yourself who now knows how to make more money, and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort. You’ll achieve more with the input of a Professional Success Coach on your side, leaving more time to do the things you enjoy.
3) Delivery. A well-trained coach knows how to support you so that you are naturally encouraged and motivated to take action, transition to the next step and eventually transform into a new person. Coaching typically works best with a weekly session so clients have time to integrate new ways of thinking and take action each week toward their goals. Professional Success Coaching is done virtually over the internet with coaching sessions lasting for as long as required. Of course, the client may specify personal consultations, either way the experience is challenging and uplifting. You’ll look forward to your weekly sessions with your coach.
4) Speed. Most people find that things start to happen very quickly when working with a Profession Success Coach.
What Sorts Of People Work With A Professional Success Coach?
Anybody can and lots of people do.
Entrepreneurs, executives, business leaders, actors, musicians, creative people, managers, small business owners, start-ups, professionals and home-makers all reach their goals, dreams and desires with the help of a coach.
If there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be, there is room for Professional Success Coaching. Not only will coaching help you close the gap, it will help you break through your limiting beliefs and challenge you to think bigger.
“People hire a coach because
- They want more.
- They want to grow.
- They want it easier.
It’s as simple as that. Coaches help a client get all three. Quickly.”
– The ICF
Challenge Your Reality With These Examples.
- Setting and achieving goals and objectives
- Planning — business, career and life
- Blasting through blocks and fears
- Clearing clutter
- Financial security and independence
- Balancing business and personal life
- Making key decisions and designing strategies for success
- Communicating powerfully and succinctly
- Becoming a problem-free zone
- Building powerful relationships
- Breaking through the glass ceiling
- Getting promoted
- Finding the ideal career/work or business
- Finding the ideal partner/love/relationship
- Getting out of a rut
- Making an important life transition
- Starting a business
- Growing a business
- Living an ideal life
- Identifying core values and passions
- Fulfilling personal and emotional needs
- Getting organized
- Making more money
- Having loads more time to enjoy life
- Playing, having adventures, and a lot more fun
Professional Success Coaching FAQs
What are the benefits of hiring a coach?
- You start taking more effective and focused actions immediately
- You stop putting up with petty annoyances
- You create momentum so it’s easier to get results
- You set better goals that are based on what you really want
- You have more time and energy
Do Coaches work on personal goals or business/professional goals?
Usually both. The success coach is the only professional trained to work with all aspects of your life. This is handy because very often, if something is bothering you at work, it is affecting your personal life as well and vice versa. Some clients prefer to spend more time focusing on their business goals, while others may want to focus on personal goals.
Where does the Success Coach focus with an average client?
Coaches focus where the client wants them to focus. Your goals are your coach’s goals, although your coach will have a different perspective and might have some radical suggestions for how to reach your goals more quickly. Sometimes, in order to be more successful in business, you need to do some personal work. The coach is only there to support you in whatever it is you want to achieve.
Why does Success Coaching work?
Professional Success Coaching works for several reasons:
- Synergy between the coach and client creates momentum and enthusiasm.
- Better goals are set— ones that naturally motivate the client.
- The client develops new skills, which lead to greater success, transition and transformation.
- Coaching provides a structure of support. Left to our own devices, we start out with the best intentions and then we hit a snag that can derail us completely or cause a long delay. A coach can help you quickly break through blocks so that more is accomplished with less struggle and less effort.
- Your coach is an objective, positive supporter. Not everyone is lucky enough to have such a friend or colleague to provide this.
Why is Success Coaching so popular?
- People are tired of doing what they “should” do and are ready to do something special and meaningful for the rest of their lives. Problem is, many can’t see it, or if they can, they can’t see a way to re-orient their life around it. A success coach can help them do both.
- People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that might have felt out of reach or like a pipe-dream. A coach has a large tool kit to help the Big Idea become a Reality.
Shouldn’t I be able to reach my goals on my own?
We’ve been taught that “hard work and doing it on your own” are the keys to finding life, success, money, or happiness. Most people believe they must sacrifice something to attain what they want. Some people sacrifice their health, their time to enjoy life, or their relationships. None of this is necessary.
You can have it all, and with coaching, you’ll find you don’t have to sacrifice anything to get what you want. You may need to change a few things, but clients find they have more time with their families and friends, more money, more opportunity, and are more successful at work when they work with a coach.
Athletes, performers, CEOs and presidents know that they can’t do it alone. They know they need a trained professional or even a team of experts to help them determine the best direction and to provide objective support and feedback. Without this, it is almost impossible to achieve excellence. No athlete would consider going to the Olympics without the support of a coach. The extra edge the coach provides makes all the difference. Why shouldn’t you have this same advantage?
Why would people who are already successful hire a Success Coach?
Nobody really needs a success coach, but consider these things; 87% of people in the U.S. hate their jobs. Are you doing what you most enjoy? Are you tolerating or putting up with anything? Is life easy or are you struggling? Are you on the path to financial independence? Do you have what you really want? Most people can expect a lot more out of their lives.
Can a dependency be created between a coach and coaching client?
No. A good coach would not allow that to happen. The client may need the coach in order to maximize an opportunity or accelerate their personal growth, yet not be dependent on the coach. Anyone who has big goals can benefit from the structure, advice, and support of a coach, so in that sense, a coach is needed. As far as creating an emotional or psychological dependency, not to worry. Coaches work with people who are healthy and successful on their own. Coaches do not resolve therapy issues. If you start to feel dependent on your coach, get a therapist.
Can Success Coaching hurt someone?
No. The client is always responsible for their own life. Clients makes their own decisions and takes their own actions. Coaches provide positive support and encouragement. While a coach might challenge you to think differently or suggest that you try a different or even radical approach than you would normally take, the client must decide whether to take the advice or not. Success Coaches do not in any way control the client’s thoughts, actions or life. If you feel bad after a coaching call, for any reason, let your life coach know about it. It is probably a mis-communication or it could be that the coach’s style is not working for you. If this happens consistently, try a different coach. You should feel uplifted and motivated to take action at the end of each personal coaching session. You should certainly feel good about yourself and your accomplishments.
How long must I commit to working with a Success Coach?
At least one month, but don’t expect any great changes to happen. Good things take time, on average most people find coaching more beneficial than they realized and stay on longer than they initially anticipated. Many coaches ask for a three to six month commitment but usually let you stop immediately if the coaching is not working for you right now. Some coaches might ask you to sign a contract or an agreement. This is fine, but I will never lock you into a fixed term for coaching.
This does not apply to corporate contracts which may be for a specific term or project and are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
How much does Professional Success Coaching usually cost?
Most coaches working with individuals charge about $100 to $500 per hour. Coaches usually charge monthly, and may cost $1,000 to $10,000 per month. Obviously, what ever is charged has to be based on what the client is wanting to achieve, that is how much time they are prepared to invest in themselves in order to make the transformation to being an improved version of themselves.